Circular By Nature
Inspires to preserve nature
Our mission is inspiring consumers and businesses to stimulate closed-loop recycling and to preserve nature. Our Recycling.com logo expresses that the future of the blue planet is in our own hands.
Step up & Go Green – Join the recycling community.
Recycling.com is a Dutch publishing company and part of Recycling Vision B.V, located in Amsterdam, the circular capital of the world. With Recycling.com we want to inspire you at home and at work to reduce, reuse and recycle by using the best recycling tools for optimal source separation and confidential information destruction, which leads to higher recycling rates and a higher revenue or lower costs for your sorted materials.
Part of Recycling Vision B.V.
– Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Founded: 2016
- Founder: Gerard A.M. Nijssen
- Incorporation: Recycling Vision B.V.
- Headquarters: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Chamber of Commerce Amsterdam: 54845513
Our team of specialists
- Gerard Nijssen – CEO
- Mark de Boer – Director at Brantjes
- Pim Brouwer – CCO
- Cara Dettmann – Author
- Leontine Kroon – Author
- Brent Nijssen – Sales
Send us a message or question via the contact form below.
Our goal is Zero Waste
The goal we want to reach is zero waste. This means that you use less wasteful resources but rather materials that are for example biodegradable in nature or reusable. This is because not everything we consume will be collected and recycled properly. In order to live in balance with nature, we have to reduce the use of non-biodegradable synthetic resources and find ways to collect and recycle all of it after consumption.
Nature can’t digest plastics. We have to take care of it ourselves. We need more closed material loops like cardboard recycling or scrap metal recycling. Closed-loop recycling means that all of the materials in manufactured goods can be recycled, usually for use in the same type of product. Read more about closed-loop recycling on this Wikipedia page.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”
Circular by Nature – Back to the Future
Until 1950 our economy was biobased and we were in balance with nature. To restore our balance with nature our future has to become biobased again. It’s time to stop single-use plastics, to reduce the use of fossils and close the loops for the rest.
Recommended products for your eco-friendly lifestyle
Recycling.com provides inspiration for sustainable products and service recommendations that can help you or your business to reduce waste.
Our content is reader-supported, this means when you click on one of our affiliate links on certain pages that we may earn a commission at no additional cost to the visitor. Read more in our affiliate disclaimer.
Do we test all the products?
We recommend all kinds of products that can help you achieve your sustainable goals. Some of these products we have physically tested, such as paper shredders, reusable water bottles, recycling bins, and a few other reusables.
All our product recommendations are always based on thorough research and analysis, such as product research and research into user experiences. This gathered knowledge is then combined with our decades-long expertise and experience in the field of recycling, sustainability, and secure data destruction.
Why you can trust us
Expertise in sustainability and data destruction since 1938
In our family company, which is founded in 1938 in the area of Amsterdam, we have a long experience in closing natural cycles and certified data destruction.
Contact the team of Recycling.com
Do you have a suggestion or a question? Please feel free to contact us.
Recycling Vision B.V.
2153 KE Nieuw-Vennep
+31 252 – 674 041
Follow Recycling.com on social media
Get in touch with us on social media:
Send us an email:
Mentions of Recycling.com on web pages, publications, and books.
Cardboard is a high-quality recyclable material made of paper. This natural resource that can be recycled many times.
- Biz Fluent – How to Start a Recycling business
- Our Everyday Life – 5 Easy Steps to Prep Cardboard for Recycling
- Palo Alto Online – Online vs In-Store Shopping: Which wins?
- Reader’s Digest – The 9 Most Recyclable Materials on the Planet
- WikiHow – How to Recycle Cardboard
Paper is one of the most recycled natural resources in the world. You can close the paper loop yourself by separating paper at home or at the office. But before you recycle, we recommend to shred (confidential) documents first with a paper shredder.
- USA Today – Your Complete Guide to Buying a Great Paper Shredder
- Wirecutter – The Best Paper Shredders
- MasterShred – Paper Shredder Security Levels DIN 66399
- University of Wollongong Australia – The Paper Shredder: Trails of Law
Waste Hierarchy – Lansink’s Ladder
In 2013 Nijssen Recycling re-imagined the Waste Hierarchy that is also known as ‘Lansink’s Ladder’. Our visual interpretation of the famous ladder is spread all over the world.
- Ad Lansink – From Waste to Resource
- Community Recycling Network – Community Recycling Enterprises
- Greencouncil – Recovering Energy from Waste
- International Institute of Social Studies – How green-er are international students becoming in the Netherlands?
- Medium.com – On Waste in Asia. How Young Locals Are Making Progress
- MDPI – How to Assess Product Performance in the Circular Economy?
- National Environment Commission – National Waste Management Strategy
- Nelson City Council – Reducing Waste at Events
- NCBI – The Energy & Raw Materials Factory
- Royal Academy of Art the Hague – The plastic waste problem
- Werecycle.eu – The waste hierarchy
- Wikipedia.org – Lansink’s Ladder
- Break Through From Innovation to Impact
- Carbon Dioxide Utilisation
- Challenging Changes
- Handbook of Research on Creating Sustainable Value in the Global Economy
We believe that everyone can Step Up today to make a difference tomorrow by engaging in the Zero Waste movement. One of the easiest ways to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle is to exchange single-use plastic with durable and sustainable reusable products.
- Environmental Communication at UGA – Slash the Trash: A Zero Waste Lifestyle
- Fawco.org – Club Event Ideas for Earth Day
- Global Citizen – 5 Tips to Make This Your Most Sustainable Summer Yet
- Harmony1 – Ways to Reduce the Waste of Plastic Bags
- Planet Aid – Four Simple Ways to be Environmentally Friendly this Fall
- The Dieline – So You Want To Go Plastic-Free For July? Here Are A Few Tips
Popular pages to get you started
Thank you for your interest in Recycling.com. We recommend the following pages to get you started on our web site:
- Recycling Symbol
- Zero Waste & Reusables
- Recycling Bins & Trash Cans
- Paper Shredders & Shredding
- Cardboard Recycling
- Scrap Metal Recycling
Why is a green lifestyle important?
Nature can’t digest plastics because this material is not biodegradable. We can use much more natural resources that are biodegradable by nature itself. Because not 100% of what we consume will be collected or recycled.
The three arrows of the recycling symbol represent the three main stages of the recycling process: recycling, reusing and reducing. Together the arrows form a closed loop. Step up and implement eco-friendly replacements in your daily life.
By Recycling.com/ 1 August 2020